Friday, January 13, 2006

You're Twins??

So here I am in India, and I miss my twin brother. Now, he and I are very different in many ways, and we've always been cast that way (not least by ourselves). But over the years, I think we've each started, now and again, to crib a page from the other's notebook. We are, after all, twins.

I remember tromping around in the Philippines together when we were about 6 or 7 years old, making up games and drinking orange juice through our noses (well that may have been just me, but it's more indicative of the kind of thing we'd do than of one particular event. Ahem.). Or making up a new alphabet and trapping crayfish when we were 13. (We never knew what to do with the crayfish, but it was fun to do, I guess.)

Or him poaching my girlfriends in high school (ok, again, that was more me, but he made up for it after college). After high school, we lived together for a year, working in a bakery and a restaurant. We explored Portland and defied death in a 1975 VW Beetle that taught us the meaning of the phrase "caveat emptor!" We split to go to different colleges, which was a good idea. It also started a trend of missing each other more. Starting in college, first he and then I got involved in a crazy Indonesian martial art called Poekoelan.

After college, we both moved to San Francisco. We stayed out way too late in weird warehouses before getting up to go make video games together. He stayed in California when I moved back to Portland, but we did get together for one fateful trip to Europe and North Africa in 2004. Here are a few pictures from that memorable trip, which surely show why I miss my twin.










6 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Crawdad said...

Man, blogger sucks for putting up pictures... #$%^&!

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't use the picture wizard thingy, it's ruinous. Do your own html coding.

 
At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about putting up the pics, but this is a great log or entry in the log, carwdad. I look forward to the pictures of you both in India! "The Indian Adventure" starring .....

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Chris Sellers said...

I can't imagine having the opportunity to snort orange juice without taking it.... You are the best, mi hermano. I'll look forward to taking lots of pictures of you when I get to Indja.

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Chris Sellers said...

Will it be like a Bollywood movie? I mean, will we just be talking normally to each other, and then start singing rapturously? Will a sweeping montage leave me riding a garlanded elephant before I know it?

If not, we could just get smoothies.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Editfish said...

You might try setting up a Flickr account as a source for your pics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page