Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Day 3 - Not Dead Yet!

So, I'm almost done with Day 3 of "the cleanse," and... well... it's not as easy as I thought it would be, this raw food thing.

I actually don't feel as hungry as I had feared I might, which is good. But I've also felt tired and a little weaker than normal. Apparently, the experienced, faithful raw foodist knows this is the point in the cleanse one's toxins are being mobilized. This is the dark before the dawn. In a classic "is this genius or doubletalk?" moment, I found this on the web about cleansing:

"Once these poisons are gone, you will feel energetic, vital, happy and healthy. It is the poisons that make us feel tired, mentally confused, irritable, unhappy, depressed and ill. Consequently you should look forward to detoxification."

So I've got a bunch to look forward to! Alright!

Tomorrow is Day 4. In the morning, I'll have a delicious liver flush drink, which consists of:

1/4 tsp of cloves
3 springs of parsley
2 oranges/tangerines
2 lemons (indian size, which are much smaller)
1/4 cup filtered water
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
1 clove of garlic (peeled)
1-2 inches of fresh ginger
2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil

Throughout the day, I drink the "master cleanser," which is a liter of water with the following:

2 indian lemons
1 1/2 tbsp of honey
1 pinch ground clove
1 pinch cayenne pepper

I believe this is all designed to peel the toxins from your intestines like so much old paint and unwanted wallpaper from your living room. If you liked that paint and wallpaper, tough.

More good news is that my dreams are sure to be delicious and cooked-food filled tonight. I may wake up with tears on my pillow. But perhaps tomorrow dawn will break and my food fears will be gone? I'll see.

3 Comments:

At 4:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there! In a week you'll look back on all this and say...

NEVER AGAIN!!! I MUST HAVE BEEN NUTS!!

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Crawdad said...

In a week, I may be a nut, in fact. A big cashew at the consular line. That will be me. I will have to get new ties to match my new nutty complexion.

Am I hallucinating?

 
At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crawdad...is that all you eat/drink during the day? What about raw foods? Nuts, apples, spinach, etc? And you must be losing weight like mad...and not too much excess to lose at the start! Take care, m'man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page